Welcome to Empirical Purple

A blog by Simon Brady to cover a surprisingly wide range of geekiness, in a combination that no-one else does quite the same way. Probably. Either that, or it'll just be Simon talking about the likes of Football (usually the Soccer variety), PC & Tabletop Gaming, WWE, Movies, Music and occasionally even my actual job of Graphic Design, depending on what I'm up to in the world.



Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Smartphone Month

I've had my HTC Desire for about a month, now, and am finding it to be an utterly excellent phone.

It's easy to use, works properly, gets reception in the small villages were I didn't really have any before and also has a lot of fancy features, cool apps and, more importantly, useful apps.

What I don't like about it: the speaker phone option is crap, it doesn't vibrate strongly enough in my pocket and... and... erm. The optical trackball is only useful for using in camera mode, otherwise it gets in the way a bit.

Well that's about all that's wrong with it.

A couple of the apps aren't quite up to scratch, but that's hardly the phone's fault. For instance I can't use the full features of Facebook, such as seeing who has liked comments, and I cant like or comment on other people's comments, yet. The Blogging app, too, is pretty pointless, as even though Blogspot is a Google subsidiary and Android is Google's mobile OS, there's no official app for it, so I won't even bother with blogging on the go.

The camera is a decent quality, the LED flashlight is a useful idea, and all the usual nifty bits of Android work very well. It is, quite simply, an excellent phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment