Welcome to Empirical Purple

A blog by Simon Brady to cover a surprisingly wide range of geekiness, in a combination that no-one else does quite the same way. Probably. Either that, or it'll just be Simon talking about the likes of Football (usually the Soccer variety), PC & Tabletop Gaming, WWE, Movies, Music and occasionally even my actual job of Graphic Design, depending on what I'm up to in the world.



Monday, February 28, 2011

Cee Apostrophe D

A terrible thing it is, to go shopping for a new car.

With mine on the way out t's about time to change up for a car for the future, even though I haven't really started saving yet. This makes it tricky, and limits the budget.

I'd initially seen a nice Scenic, but that's probably too big, too soon. A new version of my current Megane is out of the question, too, as I don't want the one with the big ass, and the brand new one is tiny inside - so small it might as well be a Clio, and I've already got the larger version of one of those.

A little investigation led me to Kia, who I never really considered before. Silly not to, when you think about it, what with 7 Year Warranties (oh so efficient and reliable German engineers, you only provide us with 3?) and a lovely 1.6l diesel version of their 5-door Cee'd (which is Top Gear's Reasonably Priced Car, no less). For a diesel, too, it's got a hell of a lot of oomph to it.

Now I've just got to sort some finance out - whether it's a new one or a only-just-used one. I'll be wanting this as the main car (what with the super low tax, high mpg and average insurance) for the next decade or so, so it had better be a good one!

UPDATE: After another test drive and another showroom with another salesman, with another set of finance options, I've decided to wait until this one dies, when I go for an approved, barely-used, car. Otherwise I'd be living hand to mouth for 12 months, and don't fancy that sort of pressure just for a shiny new motor.

No comments:

Post a Comment