Welcome to Empirical Purple

A blog by Simon Brady to cover a surprisingly wide range of geekiness, in a combination that no-one else does quite the same way. Probably. Either that, or it'll just be Simon talking about the likes of Football (usually the Soccer variety), PC & Tabletop Gaming, WWE, Movies, Music and occasionally even my actual job of Graphic Design, depending on what I'm up to in the world.



Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rocketbowl!

Today and tomorrow, in Birstall, Leicester, I'm off to play in the 3rd RocketBowl Blood Bowl tournament.

It's my second tournament and, with up to 32 coaches, won't quite match the scale of the 188-coach NAF Championships in May, but that's not the point. The point is fun!

So, bleary-eyed and freezing cold on an October morning, I'm running through my last-minute preparations and checks to make sure I've got anything.

My "Dead and Gooners" Undead team are ready for the first game - a grudge match against Roy. That instantly means tomorrow will be fun, tense, competitive and rewarding, whatever happens.

Which is all you can ask for in a game, right?

1 comment:

  1. Top weekend it was too! http://tinyurl.com/5smrhsg

    ReplyDelete