Welcome to Empirical Purple

A blog by Simon Brady to cover a surprisingly wide range of geekiness, in a combination that no-one else does quite the same way. Probably. Either that, or it'll just be Simon talking about the likes of Football (usually the Soccer variety), PC & Tabletop Gaming, WWE, Movies, Music and occasionally even my actual job of Graphic Design, depending on what I'm up to in the world.



Friday, February 13, 2015

A Valentine's WWE Cheat Sheet

Showing off just the romantic type of guy I am, I booked my wife and I two tickets to go and see one night of WWE's international tour in the UAE. Since I missed out on seeing it in October 2013, I've been waiting for them to come back around to the UAE for another tour.

When I heard on the radio that they were coming back with a live event, I just had to book a ticket. Seeing as my wife has enjoyed watching some independent wrestling back in the UK thanks to knowing one of the wrestlers, it was time for her to see the world's most famous wrestling promotion and find out what all the fuss was about.

And which weekend were they coming back to Abu Dhabi on? Why Valentine's weekend, of course...

So, I did what any guy should do in that situation... booked the best hotel we could find for the night, and created a WWE Cheat Sheet for her, just so she wouldn't be confused by who's supposed to be who, and not missing the show while I explain everything to her in more detail than she'd ever possibly need to be a casual member of the audience.

With the likes of John Cena, Dolph Ziggler, Lana's bum and Seth Rollins on my 'must see' list (although, let's face it, we've probably see a little too much of what Seth Rollins has got, recently), she now knows what to expect from them, my reaction to them and a suggested reaction from her.

All because I'm romantic like that. And totally hyped to see WWE live for the first time, too.

To download this Valetine's cheat sheet I created as a PDF from Googledrive: click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment